Recent Updates.. [.....More]

Monday

Tofu Pad Thai

Pad Thai is my favorite Thai dish. I had it so many times at various restaurants, its only intuitive that I would make it too .. right ? So, here I present my version of the Pad Thai. Very simple, from ingredients available in my kitchen. :) My most critical audience (my husband and my son) have given a thumbs up. So, I am excited about sharing this with everyone a little less nervously :)

Ingredients:
------------
1 pk of Rice Noodles or
Rice Sticks
1 pk of Extra Firm Silken Tofu (cut into 1 inch cubes)
3 carrots (cut thinly)
1 bunch green onion
1 can bean sprouts
1 Tbsp Minced Garlic
1 Tbsp Tamarind juice(soaked and squeezed from a lime size ball of tamarind)
2 Tbsp Thai Sweet n Sour Chili Sauce(available in the international section at Grocery stores. Also at Indian Grocery stores)
2 Tbsp Soy Sauce
3 Tbsp Roasted Peanut powder
4-5 crushed red chillies (adjusted as per your need)
4 eggs(optional)
Cilantro (optional)

Preparation:
-----------
Cook the noodles al dente. keep them aside.
I use the peeler to thinly slice the carrots.Chop up the green onions
Stir fry the tofu cubes in some oil. Add salt as needed
If using eggs, scramble eggs in some oil. Add salt as needed

Process:
--------
In a wok, add some oil, add the garlic, crushed red chillis(if making for kids, you can skip this until the end), onions, saute for a few minutes add in the carrot pieces and stir. Add the tamarind juice, the chili sauce, soy sauce, salt as needed and stir. Add the noodles and stir well until all the sauces are well mixed in.

Now, is the time you put aside some non-spicy noodles for the kids. In a small pan, add some oil, fry the chilli flakes and add it into the noodles, sprinkle the peanut powder, stir well and turn off the heat. Garnish with cilantro/green onion. And serve hot.

Enjoy ! Serves 4 generously.

This goes to the Lunchbox Event hosted by Vandana Rajesh.


12 comments:

Sangeeth said...

great recipe...my first time here...liked ur blog

Uma said...

that looks so delicious and healthy.

Dori said...

Pad Thia is aways good, It looks delicious!

Unknown said...

One of my fav.thai dish.My attempt to make it was a disaster :(.Will try your recipe soon..looks delicious and simple..

lubnakarim06 said...

I tagged u. Check my blog.

Anonymous said...

Absolutely yummy... the picture is just awesome.

jayasree said...

ur comment on mine got me here. You have a nice blog.

your dish looks yummy..

Sujatha said...

first time I am seeing the recipe for Pad Thai.. good one! Looks delicious..

Unknown said...

looks very delcious and healthy pallavi!!

RM said...

Ive been meaning to make Pad-Thai for soooo long ! Now I know where to get it from !
"BOOKMARKED !"
Best Rgds,
Sam !

ST said...

looks delicious and healthy.First time at ur blog.U have nice and lovely blog.

Unknown said...

Looks delicious!

Related Titles

You can get this widget from here