Recent Updates.. [.....More]

Tuesday

Basic Breakfast Buns

One day there was an offer in the mail about all the great recipes I could get if I signed up from some baking school club of some sort.. Its a while ago.. about 6 yrs ago probably :) So.. obviously I dont remember.. what I do remember though is that they sent a few samples of some great recipes they share.... I never did sign up for the baking school offer, but I kept the sample recipe cards.. !! This is one from that.

This dough requires hardly any kneading and can be made upto 4 days ahead(I have not kept it more than 2 days though). Just take it out of the refrigerator, let rise and bake for perfect buns everytime.


Ingredients:
1 cup warm water (105F - 115F)
2 packages active dry yeast
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter (melted)
1/2 cup sugar
3 eggs
1 teaspoon salt
4-4.5 cups All purpose flour
Sesame seeds/Carrom Seeds/Caraway.. (optional)

Process:
Combine the warm water and yeast in a large bowl. Let the mixture stand until the yeast is foamy, about 5 minutes. Stir in butter, sugar, eggs and salt. Beat in flour, 1 cup at a time until dought is too stiff to mix (some flour may not be needed). Cover and refrigerate 2 hours or upto 4 days.

Grease a 13 X 9 inch baking pan.Turn the chilled dough out onto a lightly floured surface.Divide dough into 24 equal-size pieces. Roll each piece into a smooth round ball and place in even rows in the greased pan. Cover and let dough balls rice until doubled in volume,about 1 hour. I sprinkled some sesame seeds ,caraway and some carrom seeds on some of the buns.

Preheat oven to 375F. Bake until rolls are golden brown, 15-20 mins(I did it for 17 minutes). Brush warm rolls with melted butter, if desired. Break rolls apart to serve.
I will be using these for my Pav Bhaji from now on.. Taste so much nicer than the store bought sandwich buns.

Tips:
Do not use the "quick-rising" dry yeast for this recipe.
Make sure the water is not too hot for the yeast. A little warmer than luke warm would work.


12 comments:

Rachel said...

Perfect it does look...

srikars kitchen said...

Looks perfect & fantastic....

Happy cook said...

Yumm, just imagine eating them warm.
My mouth is watttering

Sangeeth said...

It has come out really well.

deepu said...

Great for pav bhaji or vada pav .. u dont get these in regular grocery stores here !! Nice recipe

Mansi said...

sounds like something I should try!:) they looks great!

Sagari said...

pav looks beautiful

Vaishali said...

These look just perfect, Pallavi, kinda like the pav you eat with pav bhaji. Great job!

Sunshinemom said...

Perfect! I was about to say that - exactly like pav! Vaishu has said that:)

Pallavi said...

Thank you all for your comments.. Yes, it was very soft and tasty.. I'll be using this for Pav bhaji from now on :)

Bhawana said...

Great Pallavi, you baked them :). so fresh and soft they looks. perfect for breakfast.

Anonymous said...

Wow Pallavi! I am going to try this recipe definetly. I love buns, I usually buy Kings Hawaiin bun,but now I am going to bake these instead.

Sujatha

Related Titles

You can get this widget from here